Sunday, September 26, 2010

Well, I just had the most awkward moment of my life tonight. Mom, Meme and I went to the funeral home for the visitation for one of Meme's friends. We stayed for about and hour and a half. Meme sat inside by the casket talking to his wife, and Mom and I sat in the lobby with all the teenagers. There was this guy about my age there in purple shirt who was really cute, and I caught him staring at me a couple of times.

I went into the lounge or whatever to get some coffee and Mom and I sat down and talked a bit. Well, after about 30 minutes she got up and went to see if Meme was ready to go, leaving me there by myself. I KNEW there would be someone that would come in there and want to talk to me (and I am a very awkward person, so I do not like talking to someone I do not know) but I stayed there and read a pamplet they had about "how to deal with losing a loved one". Well all of a sudden here comes Paul, one of my Mom's oldest friends, whom I do like pretty well (although he's really too affectionate for me) and he sits next to me and hugs on me and everything. As if that wasn't uncomfortable enough, Tommy (my Mom's old crush from hs) comes in and is all like "You're so beautiful!" and hugs and kisses me on the cheek. Keep in mind, both of them are over 50 years old. And Tommy's all like "To think I could have had such a beautiful daughter. You know, I could have been your Dad."

First of all, WHO says that? That's just rude. Plus, his son (who is 2 years younger than me) was sitting right there. I mean, seriously? And he's all talking about how much my grandparents liked him (which is bullshit) and how everyone wanted him and my Mom to get together but he was too wild blah blah blah. And I'm sitting here, thinking "WHY are you telling me this?"

He kept hugging me and petting on me and stuff (which, a 55 year old man hugging on a 16 year old girl who he doesn't really know is kind of creepy) and talking about how beautiful I am yadda yadda. I could feel my face getting red. I felt like slapping him. And Paul was trying to change the topic the whole time. THEN he got to talking about the dude in purple and how he dated a gorgeous supermodel but dumped her and how we would "get along well."
I swear he sounded like a freaking wing man or something. And the dude was sitting right outside the room STARING RIGHT AT ME. It was so freaking awkward.

Then Tommy was hugging on me again and this woman (who just happens to be Purple Dude's Mom) came in with a coke and has the weirdest look on her face. Of course, I suppose seeing two old men hugging on a young girl is kind of strange. And the whole time Tommy is talking to me about how Mom and him were basically bf & gf (which they were so not) and that he could have been my Dad and stuff, his son is sitting right behind me and these 3 teenage guys kept coming in to get water like every freaking five minutes. IT WAS SO AWKWARD OMG.

I was never so happy to see my Mom walk into the room. Now, I smell like cheap old man's cologne. My clothes, my hair.... Yuck.


I have had a very awkward weekend. Last night, Mom and I went to an art gallery to see one of her friend's artwork and this guy was like following me around. Then tonight, two old men hugging and petting on me. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment